There are many reasons to tint your vehicle, includingprotection from harmful rays, safety and privacy. Window film can even help protect the investment in your car. Listed below are the top seven reasons that most people choose Solar Gard window film to protect themselves and their car.
1. Driving comfort and energy savings. Window film is designed to reject and absorb the solar energy that heats up the inside of your car. With the right window film, your car can reject up to 61% of the solar heat. This reduces the need to use your air conditioning, thus lowering the load on an engine and improving miles per gallon.
2. Protection from ultraviolet radiation. Solar Gard window film blocks up to 99% of the harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun that can cause skin cancer. Research shows that sun exposure in the car is particularly harmful because most of us don’t apply sunscreen. All Solar Gard’s films are like applying a sunscreen with an SPF rating of at least 285 or more.
3. Safer driving. Window film reduces the glare from the sun, snow and headlights, which can increase visibility to make driving safer.
4. Shatter protection. Solar Gard window film helps hold glass together when shattered preventing dangerous shards from harming vehicle occupants in the event of an accident.
5. Enhanced privacy. Tinting your vehicle can increase privacy and even help prevent theft by reducing the outside view of possessions inside the car. Window film is also far less expensive than privacy glass. Different films can be applied to back and side passenger windows to increase their privacy while using different films on the front windows to preserve the driver’s view. Note: All window films must be applied in accordance with local tint laws.
6. Protecting your investment. The combination of heat rejection and UV protection can prevent sun damage to your car’s interior, protecting upholstery and vinyl from cracking and fading, maintaining the interior of your car longer.
7. Customize your look. Window film can give your car a customized sleek look. Since Solar Gard window film comes in a variety of shades and colors, you can customize your car with the appearance you desire while gaining all the other benefits.
Superior quality and exceptional performance will enhance your driving experience and protect you from the sun's heat and damaging UV rays. Industry leading clarity, for unaltered visibility and safe driving, make Galaxie the ideal window film for looking and keeping cool.
Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Oklahoma, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window. Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.